Cherie Burbach is a poet, mixed media artist, and freelance writer specializing in lifestyle and relationships. She has penned and contributed to articles for Readers Digest, Family Circle, About.com (NY Times), NBC/Universal, Match.com, Christianity Today, and more.
Cherie’s poetry reflects the faith and hope that is evident in her life story. Her nonfiction books help people connect, create better relationships, and find balance in their lives. Her latest writing venture? Fiction! More on that coming soon.
Cherie also likes to express herself with mixed media art, combining Bible verses and her own poetry with special papers, acrylics, oils, ink, and more. She includes book pages, music sheets, and other fabulous random things in her art to create something that celebrates a hopeful, faith-filled message. You can see some of her works in the online shop here. She is also a license artist, represented by A.D. Lines.
Cherie grew up in a rough environment, but God lifted her from all that, and she writes about His grace and love in her nonfiction and fiction works. Her mission is to celebrate God, banish the shame of alcoholism, and help women understand their worth. Here’s more about her faith and her mission.
Readers have resonated with Cherie’s honest and inspirational “This I Believe” essay, which has remained one of the most popular on the NPR website. Her award-winning Christian poetry book Father’s Eyes is the story of her life in verse.
In 2013, Cherie founded the site Putting on the New, a Christian blogging ministry focused on women and our walk with the Lord. A group of diverse women write with Cherie on this site, sharing their stories and challenges.
- Prayer Warrior Journal
- Art and Faith: Mixed Media Art With a Faith-Filled Message
- Angel Toughness: Poems
- 5 Weeks to Form a New Friendship
- 100 Simple Ways to Have More Friends
- Glass Sculptures: How to Make Beautiful Sculptures for the Garden Using Vases, Bowls, and Other Glass Pieces
- How to (Really) Make Money Blogging
- Emotional Affairs
- My Soul Is From a Different Place
- Creative Day Planner: Perpetual Day Planner for Creative People
- Yes, You
- New and Selected Poems
- Internet Dating Is Not Like Ordering a Pizza
- 21 Simple Things You Can Do To Help Someone With Diabetes
- Father’s Eyes
- A New Dish
- 21 Ways to Promote Your Book on Twitter
- Valentine’s Day 101
- Date Ideas for Every Season
- The Difference Now
- A New Dish
To hire Cherie as a freelance writer or blogger, please use the contact form.