Cherie has had a few fun/odd/weird things happen over the years. Here are some her “fun facts.”
- In May 2014, she was a guest speaker for the Novel in Progress Book Camp, where she talked about how to build a writing career.
- In April 2014, Cherie was the judge for the Florence Lindemann Humor Contest, an annual event put on by the Wisconsin Writers Association.
- In July 2011, Cherie was in Real Simple Magazine talking about her favorite vacation spot.
- In 2010, Cherie was featured in What to Do When No One Has a Clue: Advice for the Brave New World. This was a thrill for her because several of her favorite celebs were in the book, including Real Housewives of New York cast members Countess LuAnn and Bethenny Frankel, Top Chef Rick Bayless, designers Badgley and Mishka, and more. Cherie answered a question on whether or not it’s okay to blog about your date. Her answer rounded out the dating section, and was featured on the same page with the Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger.
- In April 2006, she wrote an essay for NPR’s “This I Believe.” She thought perhaps she would hear something about it after submitting, but she didn’t so she just continued writing and working. Little did she know that the essay was quickly gaining popularity. By December of that year, her essay was the second most popular out of several thousand! Her essay has been featured in several papers and magazines since, and still remains one of the five most popular on the site.
- She once won a trip to New York for an essay she wrote for Equal sugar. She got to go over Thanksgiving weekend and see the Macy’s parade, a bunch of Broadway shows, and some clubs. It was a great trip, all from a 75-word essay! (You can read more it here.)
- When she was a kid, her picture/story was chosen from throughout the school district as “best” for the Thanksgiving holidays. (Maybe Thanksgiving is a lucky time for her?) She won a children’s book, which she still has today.