And here’s a little bit more about my story:
When I was a little girl, I begged my mom to go to Sunday School. I was far too young, but she called and was able to get me in. I was so excited, learning about Jesus. She said the first day I came home thrilled to learn that Jesus’ mother’s name was Mary.
This hunger started in me so young that I don’t remember a time in my life where I didn’t have God in my heart. I am so thankful for that, especially as I look back on things. I had a rough childhood, which caused me to have a rough early adulthood, and without God, I’m not sure where I would have been. He’s helped me through everything, leading me, giving me a strong spirit and a love that is unending. Infinitely patient, He’s continued to teach me every day of my life.
My mission includes bringing light to a dark subject in families, and in showing those who struggle like I did with bad choices from others that there is a way out, through God. If there’s anything I want people to know, it’s that God can pull you out. He did that for me. He continues to do that. He will do that for you.
God blessed me with a love of words from a young age, and I want to use this to help entertain, teach, and help. I put the words out there that He inspired and He does all the work. I get letters from people each week who have read my articles on relationships here or at About.com, who have read my poetry, or who have just connected with something I’ve said on my blog here. I’m always grateful for those who write me! What a blessing that is to hear from you. But know this, that if something I write helps you grow and moves you, it’s all because of God. Praise Him for being who He is.
Here’s some more stuff you might be interested in:
- My autobiographical poetry book Father’s Eyes.
- My Christian living blog, Putting on the New.
- My blog posts about faith, like the one about protecting yourself from negative people, where I talk about The Focus or how amazing it is that God chooses us.
- Are you a writer? You might be interested in my first time at the American Christian Fiction Writers conference.
- Speaking of conferences, I was able to attend the Women of Faith conference and it was so incredible. I also got to see my favorite band there and embarrass myself wholeheartedly. (If you’re gonna embarrass yourself, you might as well go all the way.)
- God wants you to use all those creative gifts you were given.
- Need a prayer? Please allow me to do that for you.